Terms and Definitions
• While registering for the Congress you will be asked for the data needed for creating your own account (ID and password). After registering you will be able to login to your private account, review your data, modify if necessary and even create the abstract of the paper that you would like to present.
• You will also be able to upload your powerpoint presentation when necessary.
Those of you willing to attend MEDICALIS 2017 can subscribe for active or passive participation.
• An active participant is the author or co-author of a scientific paper presented during the Congress (active only if you choose payment option 2 or 3).
Co-authors can be either ATTENDING co-authors (they can choose only option 2 or 3) or NON-ATTENDING co-authors (they don't pay any option as they don't participate in the congress).
• A passive participant is a visitor of the Congress who has no scientific paper to be presented but will be able to take part at our conferences, workshops and social program according to the chosen option.
NOTE: Participants who subscribe as active and do not get selected after the evaluation of the abstracts will still have the opportunity to participate as passive, being able to choose any payment option.
Criteria for receiving your diploma:
• Active participants:
- authors: author diploma and active participation diploma (by sustaining their oral or poster presentation)
- attending co-author: co-author diploma and passive participation diploma
- non-attending co-author: co-author diploma
• Passive participants MUST attend at least 1 workshop and 1 conference or 2 conferences in order to receive a passive participation diploma.
NOTE: Attendance will be monitored during the congress.
• Authors are able to insert the names of other co-authors of their submitted abstracts but, if accepted, the presentation should be held by authors only.
• Active participants of the selected abstracts have to register by choosing ONLY option 2 or 3. Authors can only register as active participants, choosing option 2 or 3; co-authors can register as attending (ONLY option 2 or 3) or non-attending (no payment).
• An active participant has the right to sustain a maximum of 2 presentations.
• For abstracts: a maximum of 2 authors and 3 co-authors are allowed for each submitted abstract.
• Each active participant has the right to apply for the session that best fits his/her field of study or the preferred type of presentation (oral/poster).
• The presented papers will be reviewed by our Evaluation Committee and marked according to a predetermined evaluation form ensuring a fair grading for each submitted paper. The best scientific papers will be awarded during the Closing Ceremony.
• Participants that choose to present their papers orally can subscribe for one of the four sections below:
1. FUNDAMENTAL SCIENCES: any one of the sciences (as anatomy, physiology, bacteriology, pathology, or biochemistry) fundamental to the study of medicine;
2. MEDICAL SCIENCES: the science of dealing with the maintenance of health and the prevention and treatment of disease;
3. SURGICAL SCIENCES: the branch of medicine that deals with the diagnosis and treatment of injury, deformity, and disease by manual and instrumental means;
4. PUBLIC HEALTH: improving health and quality of life through the prevention and treatment of disease and other physical and mental health conditions, through surveillance of cases and health indicators, and through the promotion of healthy behaviors.
NOTE: Once you submit your research paper in one of the sections, it can not be moved to a different section, if for example, you consider a section more suitable for your reasearch afterwards.
• If your abstract is selected, you will be invited as an active participant and you will receive an e-mail concerning the ‘active’-registration. If your abstract is not selected, you are very welcome to take part at our conferences, workshops and social program as a passive participant.
• Participants willing to sustain a poster presentation can do so by subscribing for our single POSTER SESSION.
• This year the poster session includes case reports ONLY.
• Please note our guidelines for poster presentation.